St John's Batheaston, With St Catherine
Benefice of Batheaston and Bathford
We are a newly formed benefice of two village churches St John’s, Batheaston and St Swithun’s, Bathford, 3 miles to the east of Bath, wanting to serve God and our communities –
We are seeking a new Children’s and Families worker
- To work with the churches in reaching out to children and their families
- To stimulate their interest in following Christ
- Who is energetic and creative
- With the ability to build on established work in the village schools, the community and churches, and
- To be innovative in new initiatives and connections.
Hours: 22 hours per week, spread across the benefice, including attending Sunday services. There will be flexibility to accommodate different hours in term and holiday time and occasional evening meetings.
Salary: Actual salary £15, 444, with pro rata 5 weeks holiday and 8 Bank holidays.
Contract: Initially for 2 years but if funding allows to be continued, starting ASAP.
Principle purpose of the role:
- To build on ways that the two churches engage with children and families, encouraging a lively faith and connection with the broader church family.
- To work with the church school in each village, strengthening connections between the schools and the church families.
- To reach out to those who have no background in faith in ways that are fun and accessible.
There is a Genuine Occupational Requirement that the holder of this post is a Christian (a ref to the Equality Act 2010 part 1), as this is a Christian Ministry post.
Closing date for applications 5pm Friday 14th July 2023.
Interviews: in the following 10 days.
If applying, please submit your CV along with a short covering letter setting out why you feel you would be suitable for the post.
A full Job Description can be obtained from our church administrator, Zoe Hill, (email@example.com) or contact Rev’d Lauretta Wilson, Vicar of the Benefice on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07840753202 for an informal chat.